I am currently in movie class, and the teacher is lecturing. He is lecturing about things I already know about, and have internalized, so my notes turned out to be somewhat amusing.
BASIC SIX TRANSITIONS:
1. Cut - move with one scene to the next.
2. Match/Form Cut - leave one, go to the next, matches up.
3. Jump Cut - Sudden cut from one scene to the next. Surprises and disorients the viewer.
4. Fade in/out - You know what this is. Derpy derp.
5. Dissolve - Bring one shot over the next, YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS AS WELL YOU'VE USED ALL OF THESE
6. Wipe - YOU'VE USED EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE IN EVERYTHING YOU'VE DONE WHY AM I EVEN TAKING NOTES GAH I WANT TO PUT CANDY CANES IN MY EARS
7. He's talking about Star Wars. Kay.
8. "Cascana" should be a real word. It sounds like a thing.
9. YESH!!!!! YESH!!!!!
10. Oh hey, it's that annoying FBI warning. YOU WOUNLDDNT STEAL A CARRRRRR!!!!!!
12. I'm done with numbers.
We're watching Sahara!
"RWHAHAAHTATCHAHRAHCHAHAR! FOURFIFITY SAMAMAPRAFAFTARAHARA!!!"
"Stoptiszsz, Kenszzz. Stopsszzits!!!"
Well, there's that.